Want to learn how to how to cook crispy low carb jicama french fries without all the oil and grease?
While some people have a sweet tooth, my body craves carbs. I love plates of pasta, slices of bread, pizzas, and fries. But I don’t love is the way that these tasty, yet decadent foods make me feel hours or days after I consume them. Often times I would feel sluggish or bloated. After years of finally feeling fed up with feeling this way, I started my weight-loss journey. I started to eat lower carbs or keto-friendly foods. Through research and speaking to fellow foodies about more low carb friendly french fry substitutes, I found many recipes online. However, I created a recipe gourmet like ones that you would find at a nice steak house.
Here is my easy recipe for crispy low carb jicama french fries with garlic, parmesan cheese, and parsley.
- 3 cups of sliced organic raw jicama (~ 1/4″ thick – same shape as french fries)
- 1 tsp of sea salt (for taste – optional)
- 1/2 tsp of organic ground black pepper (for taste – optional)
- 1 tsp of organic garlic powder
- 1-2 tbsp of organic avocado oil
- 1 tsp of grated pecorino or parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp of chopped fresh Italian parsley