Want to make a crispy air fryer coconut shrimp dish for your staycation this summer? Sometimes it’s hard to get away to a tropical vacation. As a travel and food blogger, I am very fortunate to discover different types of cuisines from all over the world. With this, I love sharing these healthy and delicious ways to eat. Since I will be heading out to the island of Nevis in this coming week, I felt inspired to create a Caribbean inspired dish that’s low carb and keto-friendly but also taste delicious. Check out this recipe to make you feel like you are island hopping.
- 10 pieces of raw medium-size wild-caught shrimp, deveined with the tail on
- 1/2 tsp organic black pepper
- 1/4 tsp organic sea salt
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp organic cayenne pepper (depending on your heat preference)
- 1 tsp of organic lime juice
- 1 cup of organic coconut flour
- 1 cup of organic coconut milk
- 1 cup of organic shredded coconut flakes
Mix the shrimp with the black pepper, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, and sea salt. Let it marinate for 10-30 min in the fridge.
Lightly coat the entire raw shrimp in the coconut flour; this will help absorb more coconut milk.
Quickly dip each shrimp in the coconut milk. Shake off any excess liquid.
Press the coconut flakes onto all sides of the shrimp
Place into the air fryer for 10 min at 400°F (204°C); feel free to add an extra 1-2 min to make it extra crispy.