Need an immunity-boosting low carb dessert recipe to fight this upcoming cold season?
I can’t believe that this year has flown by so quickly and it’s now November. With LA’s fluctuating temperature changes, it can feel like fall during the morning, summer during mid-day, and winter during the late evenings. Because of the rapid weather changes, it’s so easy to get sick. One way to boost our immunity systems is to add the Algenist’s Irish Moss supplement to our meals. Here’s what it contains and why it’s helpful for us:
Red Marine Algae & Irish Moss – fight the imbalance between free radicals and antioxidants in your body
Vitamin C & E – supports your body’s immune system
For an easy dessert recipe, try my immunity-boosting low carb meringue. Check out the recipe below:
3 egg whites
1 tsp of cream of tartar
1/8 cup of Algenist’s Irish Moss
1/2 cup of monk fruit sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200F
- Place egg whites and cream of tartar into a clean mixing bowl
- Whip these ingredients together with a mixer (medium speed) until it’s white and begins to form soft peaks.
- Slowly add monk fruit sugar (1/4 tsp at a time) into the same bowl while the mixer is on. Whip until the meringue until it is glossy and has stiff peaks.
- Carefully sprinkle Algenist’s Irish Moss supplement into the bowl and fold in all the ingredients with a spatula.
- Transfer the meringue into a clean cake decorating pouch with a metal tip and create circular treats (approx. 3” in diameter and 2” in height) by squeezing the bag; you can make smaller meringues if you’d like.
- Bake in the oven at 200F for 2 hours (do not let it turn brown). I suggest waiting a few hours before serving it so it will be crispy and airy.
- Enjoy! Serving size for 4.
If you want to try this recipe, check out Algenist and use the code: Tinger20 for 20% off this month