So you’re at a sporting event watching the LA Lakers, NY Yankees, Real Madrid Soccer Squad, etc. , The minute you walk into the arena, you can smell the burgers, hot dogs, popcorn, and pizza wafting through the air. Recently, I was a spectator at the Special Olympics in Los Angeles and thought what healthy foods can I eat here? The temptation to eat poorly can be overwhelming unless you can mentally prepare yourself. So here are my quick helpful tips:
1. Order a burger wrapped in lettuce to reduce the carb in-take
2. Order grilled chicken instead of fried chicken to reduce carbs from the flour crust.
3. Order a salad with dressing on the side or squeeze lemon wedges as the dressing to reduce the amount of sugary dressings they pour on the salads.
4. Order a light beer to reduce calories and carbs than normal full bodied beer.
5. Better yet… drink water or order unsweetened iced tea.
6. Order a bag of plain peanuts instead of candy; the protein will keep you feeling fuller longer and has way less sugar.
7. If you must eat less than healthy… split your food with a friend. This way, you can enjoy the flavor of the food without going overboard on calories.
Let me know how helpful these tips are by commenting in the comments section below.